Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Funnies

If you've been reading you know this has been one helluva back to school week!  If you haven't been reading, you need to go back through and read this week's posts.  I am happy to report that after much pain and anguish, we had our first really smooth school morning today.

I've been so busy whining and complaining all week, that I have given any tribute to the son who has been doing the right thing all week long (for the most part).  Blue is in heaven during this back to school week. He thrives on the routine and schedule.  He likes all of his teachers so far.  He is more organized than I can ever hope to be.  He is maintaining his agenda...tells me in very certain terms what specific school supplies he needs and he rides me until I get them.  He makes sure I am on my job, just as he is.   I thank God for this blessing.  I don't know what I would do if I had 2 like Red.  I do know that I would be a much heavier drinker!

So here's a little light reading for the Friday Funnies:

My friend Elena posted this on our "Confessions" Facebook Community Page  (btw...if you haven't joined this community yet...you really should.  We have such fun there supporting each other, answering questions, whining and commiserating).  
This comes from Elena's 8 year old Aspie son:  

"Why are we going to this CVS?" ..."What's wrong with it?" asks mom.  ..."Well...it's not as stylish as the new one down the street."  "All CVS's are the same," says mom.  "What...are you blind?  You really need to work on your sense of style, mama, cuz this store is uuuuugly!"

A conversation between me and Red:

"I want to get up in my own time!  I hate school.  I do not want to go.  The work is too hard!  I just want to stay home and be on my computer all day!"
"Do you want to be poor when you grow up?"
"No!  What do you mean?"
"Well people who don't have a high school diploma...don't have a lot of options for good jobs.  So if you want me to assist you in being poor...we can start now so that you will know what it's like. People who are poor can't afford computers so we can go ahead and get rid of yours.  They don't have cell phones ...so we can get rid of that too.  They definitely don't go out to restaurants for lunch, so I will just take you right back to school after this appointment.  They are often hungry.  So when would you like to start?"
"I don't want to do that mom!"
"Oh...than I guess you better go to school and get that diploma."

Facebook Musings: 

My friend from high school posted this.  I don't know where it came from originally, but it was so funny...I have to share it!

OMG!!! I was in the public toilets and had just closed the door when a voice from the next cubicle said, "Hi!  How are you?" Embarrassed, I said, "I'm dong fine." The voice said "So what are you up to?" I said, "Just doing the same as you!"  From next door, "Can I come over?" Annoyed I said, "rather busy right now." The voice said, "Listen, I will have to call you back.  There's an idiot next door answering all my questions."

Do you really like me? Click here:
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory