Monday, March 21, 2011

Notes from Readers...

"Mom...why do you have a blog about Aspergers?"
"So that people can learn what it's like to raise two boys with Aspergers -to help create awareness so that more people understand it better. What if there's a kid out there who has Aspergers, but his parents don't really get it yet.  Maybe they will read my blog and see that they can get him help at school, or social skills classes, or take him to see a therapist to help him."


"Oh...o.k." 


Hear are a couple of recent e-mails and comments from readers.  This is why I blog:


"I have spent the afternoon reading through your blogs...My son will be 12 in a few weeks and I swear you have been living in my house! It is a releif to realize someone else is going through the same challenges of the rude, depressed, ungreatful, mean attitudes, the good days and the bad, the challenges with the schools and getting them to follow the BIPs they put in place or meeting the goas of the IEP."

"Thank you for boldly and candidly talking about your challenges. You have verbalized many of the thoughts I have had. It is a huge relief to realize I am not the only one and I am not alone!"
Lora

"I have 14-year-old daughter with Aspergers, I felt like I was reading a daily journal of what goes on in my house.  Between hormones and ASD they are hilarious and trying at the same time.  I wanted to tell you how incredible you are for your courage to be so honest, it is powerful, you are educating the world on ASD.  People don’t get it.  We all know the “bad parent” label and “what a rude kid” or “that kid is a trouble maker” label scenario we have all lived.  I could go on and on, but you know this journey, you are living it."

"You sum up what all of feel and fear but often are too afraid to say or think. I appreciate your honesty in your whole blog, want you to know you aren't alone and there is another mom here in Texas going through similar things!" 

God Bless You!"
Bonnie


These touched my heart deeply. Thank you readers. 


If you enjoyed this entry...you are morally and legally obligated to click below: 
(I kid you...really.  You don't have to, unless you want to make me cry.)


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory