Not the expert mom with all the answers...the mom who can't stop looking for them.
Vote for My Blog
Sunday, April 17, 2011
My First Award!
Please left click to get full size image and then save normal way
I am so honored to receive this award from my dear friend at Life, Kids and Genealogy. Apparently someone in the world is reading this and no less thinks I'm worthy of such an honor. Though I'm not feeling all that honorable today, I graciously accept this award. Apparently there are rules and work that come along with this (so you may be sorry if I nominated you). They are listed below:
These are the rules..
1. Winners grab the image above and put it in your blog.
2.Link back to the person who gave you it.
3.Tell 10 things about yourself
4.Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
5.Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won. 10 things about me.
1. My first self-declared nickname was Go-Go Stage. Apparently when I was 4 years-old, I aspired to be a go-go dancer. I have no idea why.
2. I check my blog stats, Facebook and Twitter way too many times per day. I haven't finished a good book since I started this awful habit.
3. Bailey's Irish Cream is my coffee cream of choice (ssh! Don't tell anyone!) I try to limit it to weekends. Keyword (TRY).
4. I love my children but I can't wait for them to get out of my house!
5. I like to paint, especially with oil -mostly abstract, although my art teacher is making me learn to draw (damn her).
6. I love, love, love babies. Their pure happiness just makes me feel good.
7. I steal my son's Ipod and rock out in the car and at the gym to Linkin Park and Green Day. This is totally age inappropriate, but it gets my ass moving.
8. When I was in preschool -I was punished for spanking the other children. Apparently, I was the Mom. Funny, I seldom spanked my own.(I only occasionally knock them into next week. This is a right of passage for an African American mother.)
9. In high school my English teacher called me Ms. Nightnengale -because I was always fluttering about trying to help others instead of doing my own work. I have obviously passed this trait on to my youngest son. He has the same problem at school -just can't mind his own business.
10. There is a local restaurant where all of the waitresses and bartenders know me by name, favorite cocktail, and appetizer. I go there way too often...ALONE! Here are my nominations for the award. I didn't follow the rules to the letter, cause that's just how I roll. Really, I fell last night while out walking my dog and my arms are sore. I got tired of pointing and clicking to put the links together. I hope you will stop by and pay these folks a visit.