Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Make the Connection

How would you feel if I growled and snarled at you every time I look your way?  Would it hurt your feelings?  

If every time you pass your dad you growl at him...do you think he's going to turn around and  help you download a new program for your computer?

If you constantly say, "I hate Dad! He's unfair?" Do you think he's going to spend time and money to take you to Six Flags or anywhere else fun?  Why would he do that?

Why would I go out of my way to come and pick you up from school? When I dropped you off at school, you were kicking my glove compartment because you didn't want to get out of the car? You can ride the bus...sorry dude.

We have to put a roof over your head, food in your stomach, clothes on your back, and provide and education...beyond that everything is gravy.  It's surplus.  We Don't HAVE TO DO IT!

Why is it that you can show respect to people outside of this house, but not to the people who love and take care of you?

If you're not showing any respect...why would I hand you everything that you ask for on a silver platter?

You do know that doesn't add up...don't you?  Do you make the connection?

Do you just enjoy the script...the way it sounds coming out of your mouth, when you ask for things that you know that you're not going to get?

Why do you yell to the top of your lungs at us and then five-minutes later say, "I'm sorry Mom will you do thus and such for me?"

Do you realize you can't treat people like crap and expect them not to have any negative feelings about that...or you?

It's unfair that your younger brother has to endure your rants and your rages.

It's not fair that he works so hard, he goes to bed on time so that he can be up and ready to go to school on time...but you keep him up because you're bitching about something.

We will always love you...but we will not be walked on, walked over, slapped in the face and then give you a great big hug and a few extra dollars in your pocket.  It just doesn't add up.

I do everything within my power to make your life just a little bit better.  You require so much time and energy that I don't have time for much else.

I realize that you have autism...you're angry...you're depressed.

Hell...I'm angry! I'm depressed!  I don't feel like getting up in the morning -but I do!  I work through it.

I am sorry that you feel so miserable most of the time.

I am doing the best I can for you.

Why don't you get it?

Why don't you make the connection?

What's it going to take?



Your Comments are sincerely appreciated...
________________________
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory