Thursday, March 31, 2011

Conversations

You come...you read, you click!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Cell Phone rings 3:50 p.m.  It's the middle school.  Ugh!  I get that sinking feeling in my stomach.

"This is so and so at blankety-blank middle school.  You were supposed to return a transfer form for your son.  The due date is April 8th."

"My son is not a transfer student." (I told the same woman this 3 weeks ago.)

After further clarification she says, "I'm so sorry. Please excuse the call."

Thank God no one is sick, hurt or in trouble.  There has been no incident.

Five minutes later the cell rings again. Crap! This time it's the high school. Ugh!

"Mom...the bus is late.  Can you come and pick me up? They're like 40 minutes late."

I look at my watch, it's 4:10 p.m. School let out 15 minutes ago.  "I'm sorry son.  I'm at the grocery store.  I can't just drop everything to come and pick you up.  The bus will be there any minute."

"Mom...why do you always have an excuse."

"Do I always have an excuse?  You have a lot of excuses yourself."

"Mom...you're being selfish."

"Yeah...o.k. I have to pay for my groceries."  I certainly don't have the time or desire to listen to this.  As far as I'm concerned, he's on my time.  My time with him doesn't start until that bus drops him off.

"But Mom..."

"Good-bye Red."

The good news is...he wasn't yelling.  He kept his voice very calm.  Don't get too excited.  This is only because he was in the office at school.

O.K.  Here's one more for your money:

Tween conversation during carpool this morning:

"How did everyone sleep last night?" Mom says.

"Not good.  I had to get up at 6:45 this morning.  I'm still tired," says our friend.

"Well what time did you go to bed?" asks Blue.

"Like 10 something."

"Well that explains it," says Blue.  "You should go to bed at like 9 o'clock," says Blue.

"Dude...don't you know I'm lazy.  I like to stay up late and play video games."

"Ugh...that's not exactly something you should shout out --or be proud of."

Got to love that brutal honesty.

Keep me on top at Top Mommy! Click, Click, Click
_____________________________

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory