Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let's Talk About Sex

12 year-old Blue comes through the door after school today fresh off the school bus.

 "How was school today," I ask.

"It was fine.  Me and Justin were talking about sex on the bus.  I told him there is no way! I can not be a father!"

"Well...yeah.  You're definitely not ready for that," I say.

"No I mean I can't be a father  --ever."

"Why not?"

"Because I have autism."

"People with autism...especially as high functioning as you, can be parents.  They can do anything that anyone else can do when they are adults and decide to get married."

"Yeah well...I'm not having sex."

"Well, that's good...for now."

"Yeah...Justin said if you have sex with the wrong girl your penis can fall off," he says this as if he's telling me what he had for lunch.

I laugh hysterically.  Sorry...couldn't hold it.

"Well, that's not true.  You can get a disease if the girl has something, but your penis will not fall off."

"Justin actually used the D word for penis.  The conversation was really inappropriate -but I laughed."

You just gotta love that pure unadulterated honesty.

BTW...the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST...YOU ARE MORALLY OBLIGATED TO VOTE:
Come on all you have to do is click! Pretty Please...with cherries on top! 


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory