Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer's Gonna Kill Me

They've only been out of school a few weeks and I'm already freakin exhausted! Sent the 14 year old to Atlanta with his dad for 5 days to see his cousins, uncles, and grandparents.  Of course the whole time he behaved like an angel.  No screaming rants about absolutely nothing important.  He saves all of that for me his loving mother. 
It was a nice reprieve, however it meant trying to entertain his younger brother- more than usual.  The two of them being a few states apart meant my youngest didn't have his brother to fight with.  All of that negative energy has to be directed somewhere so of course, he decided to fight with me and Nana.  About what you ask? About eggs, the weather, it doesn't really matter.  There just has to be an argument.  There has to be anger and it has to be directed somewhere.  Since I am usually a stones throw away, I am the lucky recipient.

Big brother is back now....young brother is in Art Camp, for 3 hours a day.  While he is there, I go to the coffee house to enjoy the quiet and to avoid the teenager at home. Yes -I am afraid to go home. I don't want to deal with the nonsense. Some days, I run errands afterward to avoid him a little longer. He is relentless with the questions and the repetition of his wants and needs.  He is 14 years old and needier than the average toddler.  I swear he calls my name at least 100 times a day.

Right now he is focused on his video editing business.  We got tired of buying him all of the expensive equipment and software programs he wants because the list is never ending and everything cost a minimum of one-hundred dollars.  It doesn't stop him from talking about wanting a Blu-Ray, hard-drive with playback software so that he can watch Blu-ray movies on the brand new wide screen monitor we just helped him buy a month ago! 

When we are all home together, the fighting is constant.  Chaos is palpable, peace is non existent. Keeping them busy -and separate is the only answer.  Why can't just do nothing and be normal? I would like nothing more than to rent a beach house somewhere and just chill for a week or two.  I girl can dream...